Registering and Taking the GED test
NOTE: Students who are interested in taking the GED test in the state of CT must first create an account on GED.com. On GED.com, students may purchase the 4 GET READY practice tests. Students MUST pass these pre-tests to be allowed to register for the GED test.
Am I qualified to take the GED test?
- be a resident of Connecticut;
- be 17 years of age or older and officially withdrawn from school for at least six months;
- not be enrolled in school; and
- not have graduated from high school
How do I register for the GED Test?
To register for the GED test, students must call Hartford Adult Education (860) 695-5840 to make a registration appointment. At the time of the appointment, you must bring the following documents to Hartford Adult Education 85 Edwards St, Hartford, CT 06120:
- Copies of your passing scores from the GET READY pretests on GED.com
- A CT state ID
- A piece of mail with your current address proving CT state residency.
How do I schedule my GED Test?
Once you are registered for the test, you may go back onto GED.com to schedule your test. Hartford Public Library is an official testing site, but GED candidates may choose to test anywhere listed on the site.