Are you interested in:
- Making new friends?
- Sharing your cultural heritage?
- Improving your English language skills?
- Learning the steps to U.S. citizenship?
- Familiarizing yourself with the services that Hartford has to offer?
- Getting involved in community and kid-friendly activities?
YES! Then we invite you to sign up to participate in the Cultural Navigators Program at Hartford Public Library.
How does the program work? You will be introduced to a volunteer from the Hartford area who will meet with you weekly for at least 3 months and introduce you and your family to Hartford.
Where do we meet? At the beginning, you will be meeting at the Library. Once you get to know each other you will explore some local sites such as a free concert at Bushnell Park, a tour of the State Capitol or a town meeting at historic City Hall.
What is the purpose? At the Library, we understand that the experience of living in a new country and culture while learning to speak a different language can cause challenges and confusion. The Cultural Navigators Program is designed to offer you support as you build relationships with your new neighbors.