Portable PCs and WiFi Hotspot Loan Agreement
Eligibility: Hartford Public Library’s Crossroads to Connectivity (C2C) initiative makes available portable PCs (laptops, Chromebook, tablets) and a Wi-Fi hotspot for loan to adults age 18 or above without home Internet and enrolled in any of the Library’s following programs:
- High school completion program
- English as a Second Language program
- Citizenship education program
- Occupational certificate training program
To see if you qualify to receive a Hotspot and/or laptop, you must interview in person with the IT Academic Support Specialist at Hartford Public Library, 500 Main Street. Applicants are required to first successfully complete a computer skills assessment and sign off on the loan agreement below. A Connecticut library card is required to borrow a devise; existing library cardholders must be in good standing.
I hereby agree to the following terms and conditions when borrowing a laptop and Wi-Fi hotspot device from Hartford Public Library.
Initial Equipment Condition:
- The equipment has been tested prior to loan and has been verified to be functioning properly.
- The equipment will be reset upon return; all content will be erased and no longer available to me.
- I am responsible for reporting any damages or equipment malfunctions immediately.
- I am responsible for all damages due to accident, neglect, abuse, or loss once this item has been checked out. In the event of damage or loss, full replacement value and/or all costs associated with repair or replacement of the equipment loaned will be billed to me.
- I may not add, delete, or modify Library curated content.
- The device can be borrowed for 2 months with up to 3 renewals; additional renewals will be determined on a case by case basis.
- I agree to return the equipment to the IT Academic Support Specialist no later than the closing time on the day it is due for renewal or return. Renewals must be conducted in-person with the equipment in hand
- All equipment loan extensions must be requested prior to due date and in person.
- I understand that I may lose my loan privileges due to late returns or failure to return.
- I will be charged for the full replacement cost of the item if it falls more than 14 business days overdue.
Please sign the attached agreement form CLICK HERE