SERVSAFE FOOD HANDLER
A Certified Servsafe Instructor/Proctor will guide you through the online Servsafe Food Handler Online Course. The Course is available to you for three months. During this time you are expected to set aside at least 8 hours a week for studying.
Digital Literacy. This online course covers 5 modules – Basic Computer skills, Internet Basics, Using Email, Windows 10, Microsoft Word. Duration: 1-4 hours per module.
Customer Service 101 Training. This training is offered online via Universal Class. Duration: 8 hours.
(32 -hours of internship. Suspended due to COVID-19 pandemic.)
Received on Completion:
ServSafe Food Handler Certificate from the National Restaurant Association upon successful completion on ServSafe Online Assessment & Exam.
NORTHSTAR Digital Literary Certificate
- Customer Service 1.5 CEUs or 15 contact hours
2 cohorts per year
12 participants per cohort
- Resident of Greater Hartford
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Meet the English language reading and writing requirement
- Work authorized in the U.S.
- Commit to classroom and internship hours in a food service institution or demonstrate such experience (Internship hours will be customized to each participant’s schedule)
- Commit to 8 – 10 hours of study time a week.
- Age 18 or older.
- High school diploma/GED or an equivalent foreign credential required. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.